I love, love, love using essential oils in my daily life, for sickness, helping me feel more relaxed, treating minor injuries and so much more. There are tons of recipes out there but here's my favorite blend when it comes to helping me cope during times of stress and overwhelm. The combination of these oils evokes a calming feeling in my body and I carry it out around with me most days. The rollerball is easy to apply on your wrists, temples, neck or even around your heart area.
You will need:
10ml empty roller bottle
10 drops of lavender essential oil
10 drops bergamot essential oil
7 drops clary sage essential oil
4 drops wild orange essential oil
Top up the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil, jojoba or almond oil.
* Clary sage has the power to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression just by inhaling it from the bottle!
*Bergamot is both uplifting and calming all at once. It stimulates positive thoughts and can also help improve energy levels
* Wild orange calms the nervous system and reduces cortisol during times of elevated stress
* Always use a good quality, therapeutic essential oil. Many have been tampered with in the manufacturing process and may only contain a few drops of the oil on the label - this can do more harm than good! A few of my favorite brands include Young Living, Doterra, Plant Therapy and Tisserand
* I like to buy my roller bottles in bulk, usually from Amazon, which can be more cost effective
* You can also half the recipe for your diffuser for a calming aroma in your home or office